Lab: Cranial Nerves
This Cranial Nerves Lab
web site supplements Lab Manual content for a Veterinary Neurobiology course at the University of Minnesota.
The web site presents a comprehensive graphic tutorial of basic information about canine cranial nerves & nuclei.
Cranial Nerve Lab Objectives:
A. Be able to demonstrate sites of attachment of the twelve cranial nerves on a gross brain.
B. Recall structures innervated by specific fiber types per cranial nerve.
C. Be able to identify the major cranial nerve nuclei in canine brain transverse sections; also,
relate each nucleus to a specific fiber type in a particular cranial nerve.
Choose . . .
- Cranial Nerve Attachment Sites
- Fiber-Type Cell Column Identification
- Cranial Nerve Nuclei within Transverse Sections
- Nerves, Fiber-Types, Innervation Targets per Nucleus
- Cranial Nerve Summary Table
- Nuclei Innervation Self-Assessment Quiz
- Exit to Cranial Nerve Nuclei Animated Quizzes
- Exit to Cranial Nerves Animated Quizzes
- Exit to Veterinary Anatomy Web Site