Lab 4: Cranial Nerves
This Lab4: Cranial Nerves
web site supplements Lab Manual content for the course: CVM 6120 Veterinary Neurobiology.
Independent of the Lab, the web site presents a comprehensive graphic tutorial of basic information about canine cranial nerves & nuclei.
Cranial Nerve Lab Objectives:
A. Be able to demonstrate sites of attachment of the twelve cranial nerves on a gross brain.
B. Recall structures innervated by specific fiber types per cranial nerve.
C. Be able to identify the major cranial nerve nuclei in canine brain transverse sections; also,
relate each nucleus to a specific fiber type in a particular cranial nerve.
Choose . . .
- Cranial Nerve Attachment Sites
- Fiber-Type Cell Column Identification
- Cranial Nerve Nuclei within Transverse Sections
- Nerves, Fiber-Types, Innervation Targets per Nucleus
- Cranial Nerve Summary Table
- Nuclei Innervation Self-Assessment Quiz
- Exit to Cranial Nerve Nuclei Animated Quizzes
- Exit to Cranial Nerves Animated Quizzes
- Exit to Veterinary Anatomy Web Site